We thank our guests, exhibitors, LifeFlight and event team for joining us at the Travis Schultz & Partners Wine Symposium for 2022.
Together we celebrated the work of the Sunshine Coast RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter service as over 300 business people joined wine exhibitors with wines from across Australia and the world to raise $15,000.
As a cause that is near and dear to TSP, did you know in 2021-22 the local rescue chopper recorded a busy 12 months for lifesaving missions, including 18 flood and weather-related missions during the three catastrophic weather events that claimed lives and devastated communities across vast areas of the state?
The impact of the service was felt deeply by those in the room, who heard first-hand recounts of some of these missions from RACQ LifeFlight Rescue Aircrew Officer Rick Harvey.
“For our crews over these peak periods, we were responding to back-to-back calls, in an absolutely relentless environment,” Mr Harvey said.
“We were able to answer numerous calls for help, but also when we’re out there we are seeing many more tragedies unfold and are constantly looking at other ways in which we can assist. In times like this, it can be really difficult and we heavily rely on our crew’s ability to make great judgement calls and really draw on their experience and skillset to get everyone to safety where possible.”
The event – held at Venue 114 – is the brainchild of Travis Schultz, who said he was thrilled to see the successful soirée back after a two-year hiatus due to the unforeseen pandemic.
As a board member of the LifeFlight Foundation, Travis has witnessed first-hand the impact this service has on the community, so this cause is one close to his heart. When you hear the stories of survival and the gratitude from the families who get to hold their loved ones again, it’s hard not to donate – this service goes above and beyond every single day.
The funds were raised through a “Wall of Wine” raffle, where wrist bands were sold to the crowd for a 1 in 3 chance to win one of 100 wine prizes.
The donation to the not-for-profit organisation is timely, as the Sunshine Coast RACQ LifeFlight Rescue chopper came to the assistance of almost 500 people and flew for more than 750 hours in 2021-22, with the missions – provided at no cost to the patients – estimated at more than $12 million dollars.
We are very grateful to the people who dug a little deeper into their pockets at the Wine Symposium and helped the service to continue carrying out critical lifesaving missions.
We are also thankful for Riedel, who donated their premium glassware for this year’s event and for all our exhibitors who donated their time and wine to make the evening possible.
The TSP Wine Symposium serves as an opportunity to raise money for LifeFlight and for guests to network with like-minded people on the Sunshine Coast. This event is our way of saying thanks to the community who continue to support us and who have ultimately made TSP what it is today.
We tell all our attendees to come prepared to sample wines, chat with winemakers, feast on local food, and connect with business and professional community members.
This year we had 29 wine brands on offer, hailing from leading Australian regions, France, New Zealand, Italy and California, just to name a few.
It was a spectacular night and an honour to host some of the world’s best wineries.
We look forward to seeing everyone again in 2024!
2022 Wines & Exhibitors
- Barossa Valley Estate – Shiraz
- Barossa Valley Estate – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barossa Valley Estate – Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
- Bird in Hand – Sparkling 2022
- Bird in Hand – Sauvignon Blanc 2022
- Bird in Hand – Pinot Gris 2022
- Bird in Hand – Chardonnay 2021
- Bird in Hand – Rosé 2022
- Bird in Hand – Shiraz 2020
- Bird in Hand – ‘Nest Egg’ Shiraz 2009
- Brockenchack Wines – 2022 On Point Pinot Grigio
- Brockenchack Wines – 2022 Mackenzie William 1896 Riesling (pre-release)
- Brockenchack Wines – 2022 Tru-Su Rosé
- Brockenchack Wines – NV Great Scott Sparkling Shiraz
- Brockenchack Wines – 2019 Zip Line Shiraz
- Brockenchack Wines – 2018 Miss Bronte Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brockenchack Wines – 2019 Charli Jaye Chardonnay
- Brockenchack Wines – 2018 Hare Hunter Pinot Noir
- Brockenchack Wines – 2020 Megan Jane Grenache (pre-release)
- Brockenchack Wines – 2018 Jack Harrison Shiraz
- Brockenchack Wines – 2018 D.E.N Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brockenchack Wines – 2018 William Frederick Shiraz
- Brown Brothers – Prosecco Premium Brut
- Brown Brothers – Devils Corner Pinot Noir Rose
- Brown Brothers – Tamar Ridge Pinot Noir
- Chapel Hill- The Parson Sangiovese Rosé
- Chapel Hill – The Parson Pinot Grigio
- Chapel Hill – The ‘MV’ Bush Vine Grenache
- Convivium Wine – Borgo Matilda Pinot Grigio della Venezie DOC 2019
- Convivium Wine – Nicodemi ‘Le Murate’ Trebbiano d’Abruzzo DOC 2018
- Convivium Wine – Ancarani ‘Biagio Antico’ Sangiovese Romagna DOC 2016
- Convivium Wine – Palazzone ‘Ross’ Umbria Rosso IGT 2017
- Convivium Wine – Tempa di Zoe ‘Diciotto’ Paestum Aglianico IGT 2019
- Convivium Wine – Marotti Campi ‘Dondere’ Marche Rosso IGT 2015
- Even Keel – Pinot Gris 2021
- Even Keel – Pinot Noir 2021
- Kaesler – “Fave” Grenache 2020
- Kaesler – “Avignon” GSM 2018
- Kaesler – “Reach for the Sky” Shiraz 2018
- Kilikanoon – Mort’s Block Riesling 2022
- Kilikanoon – Skilly Valley Pinot Gris 2022
- Kilikanoon – Second Fiddle Rose 2022
- Kilikanoon – Prodigal Grenache 2019
- Kilikanoon – Covenant Shiraz 2019
- Kilikanoon – Baudinet GSM 2018
- Krondorf – Founder’s View Barossa Shiraz
- Krondorf – Founder’s View Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon
- Krondorf – Old Salem Barossa Shiraz 2020
- Mayfield Vineyard – 2021 Sauvignon Blanc
- Mayfield Vineyard – 2022 Backyard – Riesling
- Mayfield Vineyard – 2022 Five rows – Rosé
- Mayfield Vineyard – 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Mayfield Vineyard – 2013 Late Harvest Riesling
- Meerea Park – 2021 ‘Hell Hole’ Semillon
- Meerea Park – 2021 ‘XYZ’ Chardonnay
- Meerea Park – 2015 ‘Alexander Munro’ Semillon
- Meerea Park – 2021 ‘XYZ’ Shiraz
- Meerea Park – 2021 ‘The Aunts’ Shiraz
- Meerea Park – 2019 ‘Alexander Munro’ Shiraz
- Meerea Park – 2019 Late Harvest Semillon
- Moffat Beach Brewing Co
- Polperro – Estate Chardonnay 2021
- Polperro- Estate Pinot Noir 2020
- Raidis Estate – Cheeky Goat Pinot Gris 2022
- Raidis Estate – The Trip Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
- Saint & Scholar – Sauvignon Blanc 2021
- Saint & Scholar – Pinot Gris 2021
- Saint & Scholar – Rose 2019
- Sunshine Coast Hotels
- Taylors Wines – Jaraman Chardonnay 2021
- Taylors Wines – Jaraman Shiraz 2020
- Taylors Wines – Masterstroke Cabernet Shiraz 2017
- Taylors Wines – Masterstroke Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
- Taylors Wines – St Andrews Riesling 2022
- Taylors Wines – St Andrews Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
- Teusner – 2022 ‘The Empress’ Eden Valley Riesling
- Teusner – 2021 ‘The Salsa’ Mataro Rosé
- Teusner – 2021 ‘Bilmore’ Shiraz
- Teusner – 2021 ‘The G’ Grenache
- Teusner – 2021 ‘Joshua’ GMS
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Charles Pellitier
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Lost Farm Chardonnay Pinot Tas
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Villa Jolanda Prosecco
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Estandon Rose France
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Les Peyrautins Pinot Noir
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Les Peyrautins Merlot
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Mt Riley Sauvignon Blanc NZ
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Wild Olive Organic Shiraz
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Joel Gott 815 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage House Wine & Spirits – Joel Gott Barrel Aged Chardonnay
- Wirra Wirra – 2021 ‘The Lost Watch’ Riesling, Adelaide Hills, SA
- Wirra Wirra – 2020 ‘Catapult’ Shiraz, McLaren Vale, SA
- Yalumba – 2020 Samuel’s Collection Viognier, Eden Valley, SA
- Yalumba – 2019 Samuel’s Collection Shiraz, Barossa Valley, SA
Wine Symposium Contact
For all future Travis Schultz & Partners Wine Symposium enquiries including, interest in exhibiting and attending, please contact: Liberty Moore – Community and Brand Manager