Travis Schultz & Partners is seeking the next generation of industry-leading compensation lawyers with its Graduate Program. This program offers an opportunity to train and grow with highly regarded lawyers from TSP for two years in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, or Cairns, with the potential for a permanent placement with the firm.
Continue reading to learn more or to apply for this program.
Applications now open.
Are you a recent law graduate who is personable, communicates well and has aspirations of being an industry leader in the field of compensation law?
Or perhaps you are a law student currently working as a paralegal or legal assistant seeking a training ground that is driven by the values of fairness and compassion?
If this sounds like you, then the Travis Schultz & Partners (TSP) Graduate Program might be the opportunity you are looking for.
Our Graduate Program is an opportunity to grow and build your expertise with TSP for two years in our Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, or Cairns office, with the potential for a permanent placement within the firm.
Our inaugural intake is open to new law graduates, as well as law students working as paralegals and legal assistants who want to progress their career in a one-of-a-kind compensation law firm.
What we offer
TSP is a unique place to work because we service our clients and the community with compassion. Our culture and our success hinges on putting people before profits, making sure claimants feel not only respected and listened to, but go home with the lion’s share of their settlement.
TSP is not a legal juggernaut dictated by timesheets and call centres. Our team of like-minded, community-conscious lawyers share a common vision which is to be a professional services firm focussed on expertise and personal service, driven by values.
Our Graduate Program is one way we are giving back to the profession by investing in and training the next generation of compassionate, industry-leading lawyers.
Successful applicants will be mentored by highly awarded senior lawyers on a day-to-day basis, undertaking varied work on interesting, and often complex matters (learn more about program mentors below).
Over two years, you will:
- Strengthen diverse skills for a successful legal career including legal expertise, client communication, cross-team collaboration and file management;
- Assist with research, investigations, drafting documents, taking statements, drafting case summaries and similar tasks;
- Be exposed to diverse areas of compensation law including workers’ compensation matters, motor vehicle accident cases, public liability claims, claims under the Australian Consumer Law, total and permanent disablement claims and insurance disputes;
- Have access to a range of highly regarded lawyers at the offices where they are located in accordance with the firm’s “open door” policy;
- Attend conferences, mediations and court when appropriate for training purposes;
- Assist with researching and drafting industry-relevant presentations, blogs and articles from time to time; and
- Be exposed to and have opportunity to contribute to a number of initiatives and charities that TSP support in our local communities.
In addition to a salary, TSP will cover Practising Certificate fees and insurances, and the cost of delivering all reasonable professional training and development programs offered internally as part of the Graduate Program.
What we are looking for
At TSP, we recruit based on attitude over aptitude.
We are seeking team members who are “givers” – people who want to support the wider community and charities that TSP embrace.
We are seeking those who want to work in a collaborative team where there is mutual respect and compassion.
People from diverse cultures, genders, abilities and experiences are encouraged to apply, with applications now open.
Keep in mind that while there is a threshold level of academic achievement, academic success is a lower priority than being values driven, a team player and the grit to be one of the best compensation lawyers in Queensland.
How to apply
Applications are open now for our 2023 program and only accepted via the online application form below.
As part of the selection process, applicants are invited to upload an up to three-minute video sharing why they would like to join TSP and “do law differently”.
Online applications are expected to close in December 2022 with those shortlisted invited to attend a first-round interview in early 2023.
"*" indicates required fields