Jemma is passionate and dedicated advocate who advises on all aspects of compensation law. Jemma prides herself in having a calm and empathetic approach to her work, to ensure her clients are at ease from the outset.
Jemma graduated from the University of Southern Queensland with a Bachelor of Laws in 2020. While studying, she worked with Travis as an executive assistant and a paralegal, before gaining her admission to the legal profession.
Throughout her career and whilst she was at university, Jemma has worked in various areas of law, as well as the property industry. At age 19, Jemma worked in strata management and was recognised as the youngest person in Australia to manage a large portfolio of residential and mixed-use properties. Following her time in the property industry, Jemma worked in commercial litigation where she developed a passion for personal injury law.
Inspired by those with grit and courage to overcome adversity, Jemma believes that success is not determined by how skilled you are in avoiding the challenge, but how you learn from the challenge once you have faced it head-on.
Dedicated to helping others and giving back to the community, Jemma is the Vice President and Secretary of the Suncoast Community Legal Service and regularly volunteers with the service.
When Jemma isn’t in the office, you can find her paddling at one of our local beaches or engrossed in a current affairs podcast.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2022 – Rising Star of the Year (SME Law)
- Finalist Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 National Awards – 2022
- Admission to the legal profession – 2020
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Southern Queensland – 2020
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law – 2020
- Board Member and Vice President of the Suncoast Community Legal Service
- Volunteer Solicitor Suncoast Community Legal Service
- University of Southern Queensland Career Mentor
I would highly recommend Jemma if you have a worker’s compensation claim. From our first meeting, she made me feel like I was her only client. She explained everything to me in such a way that I felt safe and knew I was in very professional hands. Jemma kept me updated and was so supportive even though there was no benefit to her company. If you feel lost and don’t know what to do, please give her a call, and you will never look back.Elmarie Clack