Having commenced his legal career in 2002, training under both Travis Schultz and Michael Callow, Trent shares their passion for equal access to justice. After working in several large national firms for more than a decade, Trent now leads our Brisbane team, joining Travis Schultz & Partners in late 2021 as he was attracted to the firms’ values of fairness, respect and compassion.
Trent is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law and has acted for thousands of injured claimants. He is an Editor for Lexis Nexis, an online legal publication for Queensland personal injuries, and a long-term member of the Queensland Law Society Accident Compensation Tort Law Committee.
As a former registered nurse, Trent is acutely aware of the impact injury and illness can have upon his clients and their loved ones.
As a vocal advocate for his clients, Trent is motivated to ensure they obtain the justice they deserve.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Queensland Law Society – Personal Injury Accredited Specialist (since 2011)
- Doyles Guide Quensland Rankings
- Leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer 2023
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer 2023
- Recommended Leading Work Injury Compensation Lawyer 2023
- Recommended Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyer 2021
- Admission 2004
- Bachelor of Laws QUT 2002
- Bachelor of Nursing QUT 1997
- Former vice-president, Sandgate State School Parents & Citizens Association
- Former volunteer and president, Suncoast Community Legal Service
- Former volunteer, Moreton Bay Regional Community Legal Service
Highly recommend Travis Schultz and Partners (especially Trent Johnson & team). Trent was able to assist and guide my parents in a WorkCover matter, never hesitating to explain things in a kind, honest manner and easing their anxieties throughout the entire process. You will not find a more kind, caring team and law firm in Brisbane.Grace McGeown