Greg faced adversity at a young age which fostered his desire to help people who find themselves in deeply challenging circumstances.
Coming to Australia as a six-year-old escaping from the communist regime in Hungary, Greg understands the value of having people who believe in you, actively listen to your story, and give you opportunities to lift yourself.
This is what Greg offers our clients as a senior lawyer and compensation law expert with a specialist interest in complex and severe injuries and multi-trauma, including clients who are participants on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and National Injury Insurance Scheme Queensland (NIISQ).
Greg graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business (Management) from Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in 2007. He continued to complete his Masters of Laws (Health Law) in 2019, during which he particularly focussed on issues surrounding the NDIS and the NIISQ, while simultaneously completing his Queensland Law Society Specialist Accreditation in Personal Injury Law in 2018.
In addition to his work as a personal injuries lawyer, Greg dedicates his time to various committees including the Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA) QLD, of which he has been a member since 2016 undertaking roles including President and Secretary.
He was the ALA’s representative involved in the 2018 five-yearly review of the workers’ compensation scheme, which led to significant legislative changes providing additional benefits to injured workers. He strongly advocated for and represented the ALA in collaborating with the Queensland government to introduce claims farming legislation in 2019 and 2022. Claims farming is predatory behaviour where vulnerable people’s personal details are obtained and sold to unscrupulous lawyers.
Greg regularly meets with the various regulators of Queensland’s Workers’ Compensation, Compulsory Third Party (CTP) schemes and the NIISQ Agency to advocate for protections for injured people. He has a strong passion for making sure injured people are treated fairly and our compensation schemes provide the best possible support, so he regularly prepares submissions to government through his representation on the ALA and has appeared before Parliamentary Committee proceedings to advocate on various issues.
Greg has been a partner in a small practice and has large firm experience, which has seen him manage severe injury cases where early access to the absolute best rehabilitation from the outset of the claim was critical to achieve the best possible outcomes for the client. This has been Greg’s passion – ensuring that at least the financial stresses of suffering an injury are not preventing recovery. Greg has a good insight into the legal profession from his experiences and aligns with the Travis Schultz & Partners community ethos and desire to bring fair outcomes at lower legal cost.
When not at work, Greg enjoys multi-day hikes, trail running, kayaking, soccer, reading and spending time with his family, both on the beautiful Sunshine Coast beaches and in the hinterland.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Finalist, 2022 Queensland Law Society Solicitor of the Year awards
- Masters of Laws (Health Law) 2019
- Queensland Law Society – Personal Injury Accredited Specialist 2018
- Doyles Guide Australia:
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers – 2023
- Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyers – 2023
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers – 2022
- Recommended Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers – 2021
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyers – 2020
- Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyers – 2020
- Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyers – 2019
- Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyers – 2018
- Recommended Public Liability Compensation Lawyers – 2020
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology 2007
- Bachelor of Business (Management) – Queensland University of Technology 2007
- State Committee Member and Former President Aand Secretary, Australian Lawyers Alliance Queensland
- Chair, Workers’ Compensation Special Interest Group, Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Member, Compulsory Third Party/National Injury Insurance Scheme Queensland special interest group, Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Member, Compulsory Legal Education (CLE) special interest group, Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Chair, Queensland Law Society (QLS) Practice Management Course committee
- Former chair, secretary and committee member, MultiLink Community Services Inc.
Greg Spinda from Travis Schultz & Partners is the type of person you feel comfortable to talk to after experiencing a traumatic event like a car accident: friendly and very approachable, compassionate and professional. Thank you.Rafaela G
Meet Greg Spinda
Greg Spinda's Publications
- Mental health injuries are on the rise and expected to be a significant focus for personal injury schemes for some time
- FAQ: Do I have to pay tax on a personal injury settlement?
- FAQ: Reinstating a Deregistered Company
- FAQ: Returning to work after an injury – the importance and what support is there