Leading our Sunshine Coast team, Hugh is a highly regarded lawyer who has acted on matters involving all areas of compensation law including workers’ compensation, public liability and Compulsory Third-Party claims. He also has significant experience in master and servant claims, including providing advice on entitlement, liability, quantum and evidence, and has previously provided advice in relation to the review and appeal of statutory decisions made by workers’ compensation insurers and the Workers’ Compensation Regulator.
Having successfully attained his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Queensland in 2011, Hugh has since worked extensively in the area of personal injury and compensation law, becoming highly experienced in this specialised area.
Hugh has been recognised by his peers in the reputable Australian Doyles Guide and was a state finalist in the prestigious Ron Shorter Awards in 2018.
A natural leader and a person who is committed to working in the community, Hugh is a judiciary member of Sunshine Coast Rugby Union, a volunteer solicitor at Suncoast Community Legal Service and a former committee member of the Sunshine Coast Law Association.
When not working and giving back, Hugh can be found catching a wave at Moffat Beach or doing his best to keep the family veggie patch alive and well.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Doyles Guide Australia Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyer for Qld 2021
- Doyles Guide Australia Recommended Public Liability Compensation Lawyer for Qld 2021
- Master of Business Administration (specialising in management) at the University of the Sunshine Coast 2021
- Doyles Guide Australia Rising Star Qld 2019
- Qld finalist, Ron Shorter Awards 2018
- Admission 2012
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Qld 2011
- Board member of Sunshine Coast Rugby
- Judiciary member of Sunshine Coast Rugby Union
- Volunteer solicitor at Suncoast Community Legal Service
I just wanted to thank Hugh Powell senior partner from Travis Schultz for his professionalism, he was second to none regarding my matter that I approached the team for. Constantly in touch regarding my matter explaining all the legal and technical terms and conditions in layman’s terms. The team were very personable, friendly and always made you feel very comfortable. I just wanted to thank Hugh and all the team at Travis Schultz for all of the help. I was truly appreciated.Brad
Contact Hugh Powell
Meet Hugh Powell
Hugh Powell's Publications
- Why are almost half of our work-related fatalities occurring on our roads?
- Australia’s only validated psychosocial risk assessment tool launched
- Truth, memories, recall, and the law
- Riding the wave between work and play – a work-related paddle boarding injury in Bali