Joining the Sunshine Coast office as Partner in January 2024, Kane is introducing clients to the way things are done at TSP – with compassion, fairness, and respect. Having worked together prior with Travis Schultz for many years, Kane is no stranger to the firm’s commitment to providing clients with access to justice on fair terms.
Bringing over 20 years of experience in personal injury law, Kane has navigated both sides of the legal spectrum as both defendant and plaintiff lawyer. He is a Doyle’s Guide celebrated lawyer for eight years running and his personal injury expertise is recognised in motor vehicle accidents, workplace injury, total permanent disability claims, and public liability insurance.
Putting clients at the forefront has seen Kane’s career progress over the years from an Articled Clerk to Lawyer, Associate, Senior Associate, and ultimately, Partner nine years ago. Approaching his leadership position with considerable humility, he is motivated by guiding clients through challenging periods when injuries have profoundly affected their lives. Kane considers seeing clients move past difficult phases as his most significant career accomplishments.
Widely acknowledged in the industry for his knowledge and values-led approach, Kane’s accessibility, responsiveness, and pragmatic solutions make him an ideal ally when confronting challenges. He dedicates time to support people through legal complexities to ensure they have an easier time during the process.
Kane has a strong community conscience and enjoys actively participating in the local sports community, contributing through voluntary roles with local rugby and surf lifesaving organizations. With a love for the outdoors, you’ll find him occasionally setting up camp with his wife and four daughters.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Admission 2005 High Court of Australia and Supreme Court of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Doyle’s Queensland Guide Rankings:
- Leading Public Liability 2023
- Leading Accident Compensation 2023
- Recommended Workers Compensation 2023
- Recommended Motor Vehicle 2022
- Recommended Public Liability 2022
- Recommended Workers Compensation 2022
- Leading Public Liability 2021
- Recommended Workers Compensation 2021
- Recommended Accident Compensation 2021
- Leading Public Liability 2020
- Leading Workers Compensation 2020
- Leading Motor Vehicle 2020
- Leading Public Liability 2019
- Leading Workers Compensation 2019
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident 2019
- Leading Workers Compensation 2018
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident 2018
- Recommended Public Liability 2018
- Leading Workers Compensation 2017
- Leading Motor Vehicle Accident 2017
- Recommended Public Liability 2017
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Sunshine Coast Law Association
- Moreton Bay Law Association
- Chairperson Sunshine Coast Gympie Rugby League Judiciary and Disciplinary Tribunals
- Chairperson Sunshine Coast Junior Rugby League Judiciary and Disciplinary Tribunals
- Independent Board member of the Sunshine Coast SC Falcons
- Active volunteer lifesaver for the Kawana Surf Lifesaving Club