Rachel is a dedicated lawyer who represents clients on matters involving all areas of compensation law. Rachel prides herself on attention to detail, dedication and an empathetic nature to support her clients throughout their claims process.
Rachel graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) with a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) in early 2018 and was awarded the Una Prentice Award for the Highest Achieving Female Law Graduate of her graduating class. During her time at USC Rachel was an active member of the Law Students’ Association Committee, encouraging awareness and discussion around mental health and wellbeing in law.
After graduating Rachel worked in litigation, where she gained experience across a range of matters and claims including contract disputes, leasing, insolvency, consumer law, debt recovery, deceased estates and intellectual property.
Inspired by women who break through glass ceilings, Rachel believes in the words of Mary Anne Radmacher, Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”.
Raised in North Queensland, Rachel is an avid Cowboys supporter and is just as comfortable at the beach as she is in the bush. In Rachel’s spare time, she volunteers with the Sunshine Coast Community Legal Service.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2021 – Rising Star of the Year – SME Law
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards 2021 – Wellness Advocate
- Panel member on the College of Law’s Careers Academy “Wellness In Law” Panel 2021
- Admission 2018
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) University of the Sunshine Coast 2018
- Una Prentice Memorial Trust Award for the Highest Achieving Female Law Graduate of graduating class
- Ambassador for Sunshine Coast Young Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer solicitor at Suncoast Community Legal Service
- Member of the University of the Sunshine Coast Alumni Mentoring Program