Rachel is a dedicated lawyer who represents clients on matters involving all areas of compensation law. Rachel prides herself on attention to detail, dedication and an empathetic nature to support her clients throughout their claims process.
Rachel graduated from the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) with a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) in early 2018 and was awarded the Una Prentice Award for the Highest Achieving Female Law Graduate of her graduating class. During her time at USC Rachel was an active member of the Law Students’ Association Committee, encouraging awareness and discussion around mental health and wellbeing in law.
After graduating Rachel worked in litigation, where she gained experience across a range of matters and claims including contract disputes, leasing, insolvency, consumer law, debt recovery, deceased estates and intellectual property.
Inspired by women who break through glass ceilings, Rachel believes in the words of Mary Anne Radmacher, Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”.
Raised in North Queensland, Rachel is an avid Cowboys supporter and is just as comfortable at the beach as she is in the bush. In Rachel’s spare time, she volunteers with the Sunshine Coast Community Legal Service.
Milestones, Qualifications & Awards
- Doyles Guide Australia Rising Star Qld 2022
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2022 – Rising Star of the Year (SME Law)
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2021 – Rising Star of the Year (SME Law)
- Finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards 2021 – Wellness Advocate
- Panel member on the College of Law’s Careers Academy “Wellness In Law” Panel 2021
- Admission 2018
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) University of the Sunshine Coast 2018
- Una Prentice Memorial Trust Award for the Highest Achieving Female Law Graduate of graduating class
- Company Secretary – Minds Count Foundation Board (Commenced role from 1 August 2022)
- Ambassador for Sunshine Coast Young Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer solicitor at Suncoast Community Legal Service
- Member of the University of the Sunshine Coast Alumni Mentoring Program
After encountering a workplace injury and subsequently being unable to return to my job, I found myself in a world of stress and confusion. I’d heard Travis Schultz & Partners had an excellent reputation and that they would be well equipped to handle a case like mine. I heard right! Hands down the best law firm out there. I was referred to Senior Associate Rachel Last and right from our first meeting I was instilled with confidence. Rachel is the epitome of professionalism and dedication. Every step of the way, I felt at ease with the legal process. Rachel would explain everything with the utmost clarity and simplicity. Rachel’s communications were of the highest standard. She always made herself available if I had any questions over the phone and her email response times were exceptional. A shout out also to paralegal Aiden Watson for her calm mannerism and the way she put my mind at ease when I was stressed. My matter is now finalized. I can now get back on track can start a new chapter with optimism. Without the help of Rachel and her team, I know I would not have received the favorable outcome that I did. Simply phenomenal from start to finish.Victoria